Friday, May 01, 2015

May 1: Peach Tree

Thirty days ago, Spring was still toying with my emotions and blooms on my peach tree were more of a hope than a reality.  But in the last week, hope has bloomed all over the place.  Here is the peach tree last week, wearing delicate pink blooms.


Just a week later, green leaves are replacing the delicate flowers.




The apple and pear trees are getting in on the act as well.



Each day of sunlight and warmth, Spring’s blooms inch forward.  My backyard trees will soon be a canopy of green.  


I especially enjoy this part of Spring.  Each day I wake up to a new bloom.  The expectant urgency of the days brings energy at a time in the school year when I need it most.  

1 comment:

Tree Care NY said...

Don’t have as much time for your trees as you used to? No problem here. Check out tree pruning queens today!