Thursday, March 19, 2015

Your Weekly Spring Bulbs: Week 1

Since the new year began, I’ve posted pictures of my changing amaryllis bulb every Thursday.  Last Thursday, at week ten, the blooms were complete.   It’s time for a new bloom-related weekly posting and the tulip and daffodil bulbs in the front yard flowerbeds are just the ticket.  Things are looking promising.


Much as the amaryllis sustains my spirits in Winter’s dark cold, the bulbs in the front yard provide me happiness in the Spring.  Checking them each week is a reminder to stop and admire the flowers; to live in the moment even when the days and weeks are busy.  Spring is a season of hope and that makes the here and now even more pleasing.


I have always said that one of the reasons I garden is to remember the rewards of patience.  Spring blooms from bulbs planted in the Fall is an object lesson in just that.  That it is a beautiful one is simply icing on the cake.


Even tomorrow’s forecast of snow on the first day of Spring can’t dampen my enthusiasm.



No comments: