Monday, March 16, 2015

At Last!

We had snow cover for most of late January, all of February, and the start of March.  Our final second-to-last snow storm of the season was on March 5 and it brought nearly 10 inches of snow.  By then the piles of snow had grown rather large and it seemed as if there was no end to Winter in sight.


One week later, things were looking much more promising.


As February’s snow drifted into March, I began to speculate that when the snow finally melted, we’d have the start of Spring’s bulbs peeking out of the ground.  Turns out I was right.


I spotted these green shoots last Thursday when the snow in the eastern-facing flower bed in front of my house finally began to melt in earnest.  Spring is often a season of fits and starts and I expect we still have some wet, cold days to muddle through.  But the start of flowers has been sighted in my yard and that promise brings plenty of warmth to my days.


No comments: