Thursday, January 08, 2015

Your Weekly Amaryllis: Week One

Last year’s amaryllis was such an enjoyable part of my winter that this year T got me another for Christmas.  I planted it on New Year’s Day and set it in a sunny spot with the poinsettia and ivy plant nearby to provide encouragement.



Each Thursday, I’ll post a new picture of the amaryllis.  By the time it blooms in February, the sunset will be after 5 pm and twilight will last until nearly 6 pm.  The temperatures will likely be warmer, a cheering thought this morning as I woke up to a windy 7 degree morning.  This week, the bulb is still a work in progress.


In the meantime, winter will be made brighter by the promise of a flower in the light of the window and a bloom will soon appear.  That’s a happy thought to contemplate.

No comments: