Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Morning



Christmas Eve is considerably less pressure-filled when I needn’t construct a tiny Playmobil village, though I always enjoy filling holiday stockings with treats chosen for the recipient.  As I fill those stockings I think of Christmas mornings past, when JT was transfixed by the glories of Santa’s deliveries.  I’ve always maintained that the joy of playing Santa on Christmas Day makes up for the rough spots of parenting throughout the year and that’s true even when a teenager lives upstairs.  Turns out that even a 14 year old can be charmed by the happiness of Christmas morning.


I enjoy Christmas planning and preparation and even collect the ribbons to use for next year’s gifts.


I hope there was a package or two to make your Christmas bright.  Merry, merry to y’all!



No comments: