Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Niagara Floral Showcase

I’ve already established that the Canadian side of Niagara Falls has a superior view of the water.  As it turns out, it also had a superior park, one that does credit to the province of Ontario, who runs the lovely Floral Showhouse in the park.  I’m completely unable to pass by such a prospect and so T and I took a tour. 

From the start, it offered a lovely prospect.


In addition to abundant displays in the greenhouse, there were lovely pots of flowers.  


Fuchsia displays were everywhere and all of them were beautiful.


The second greenhouse had some unusual succulents and normally I’m not a fan, but I liked this yellow flower amidst the collection. 


There are several pothos plants in my care, but none are quite this splendid.  


Outdoors were beds with canna bulb flowers and I especially liked this yellow display.  


We checked out the pond outside the greenhouses.


The lily pads were pretty.


As we were leaving, we sighted this little black squirrel in the high branches of a tree.


It was a all-together lovely display and yet another reason to admire Canada's Niagara's Park.




No comments: